Google

Saturday, March 26, 2005

A Monologue

I like sections because they help organize thoughts; hence, an experimental layout with CSS today.

The latest

I add a dandy feature to fetch motivational quotes every day on every individual post (to fill the void after the comment section). As usual, IE does a poor rendering job, making my post even more hollow. It baffles me that most people still use the clumsy IE when a superior alternative is freely available. For one thing, I remain annoyed that IE can't consistently display the cool icon of my blog in the address bar.

Daily reads

  • I should have noticed this recent article on a rising China much earlier. Its provocative introduction is particularly thoughtful.
  • Here's a novel comparison of America and Europe through the eyes of an economist. I never thought of juxtaposing California and Germany, respectively the largest economy of its domain.
  • Here's a product review geared toward the general audience. Though I cannot comment the technical merits (because I haven't had the need for a desktop search tool yet), I like the writing style: accessible, casual, lucid, thorough, and witty. Reading it feels like having an interesting conversation.

Recommended

I wish that Blogger were powered by Wordpress. In particular, I'd love to try these great features. My No. 1 request to Blogger: instant publishing with no rebuilding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home