Google

Friday, March 25, 2005

Thunderbird Soaring

It's Good Friday in Western Christianity. Guess who is Tenacious, Introspective, Ambitious, and Neat?

Here're some well-written tutorials on how to circumvent the center tag using CSS. The practical tips helped me make the sleek "About me" sidebar.

A friend asked me this morning to compare Thunderbird with Outlook Express. For a homo economicus, both cost nothing: TB is open-source while OE is included in Windows (note that OE is very different from its expensive cousin Outlook). Neither email client pretends to be a full-fledged PIM (however, I look forward to the natural integration of TB with the Mozilla calendar product Sunbird in the near future so that TB can compete with Outlook on an equal footing).

So why should an average user ditch OE to favor TB? TB is my default email application because of all these features which OE lacks. OE is only availabe on the Windows platform while TB has been ported to all major platforms; TB stores my emails in plain text format for maximal portability; TB lets me apply flexible templates for different recipients; TB has better search functions than OE … I can go on and on but this old news story really hit the bull's eye: TB will appeal to any user who's fed up with spam. An adaptive algorithm powers TB to effectively filter out most of junk emails before they can pollute my Inbox. So soar with Thunderbird!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home