Google

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Up My Sleeves

Today is (#); however, I feel :-( that March 2005 is leaving forever in stealth.

(N) Blogger misbehaved again in the morning. I am :-) that my approach proves useful. (Y) I have also enhanced my Perl script to enable smilies. Now I can type ;) in XEmacs but view ;-) in Firefox after the following pipeline:
  $ ./smiley.pl post.html | tee msg.txt | ./preview.pl -
msg.txt is optional. It lets me quickly execute
  $ mail author@blogger.com < msg.txt -s "Up My Sleeves"
instead of abusing the CPU (unless without a preview) with:
  $ ./smiley.pl post.html | mail author@blogger.com -s "Up My Sleeves"

I'm :-| that Tag-Board.com delivers annoying pop-up and pop-under ads (enabled by the Flash plugin?) on my individual post. I am considering an ad-free alternative. Meanwhile, being a 8-|, I apply a deft (and highly effective, I might add) trick to block pesky popups. According to this Firefox FAQ, I can simply assign an integer value of 2 to privacy.popups.disable_from_plugins to block popups from plugins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home